View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
Matan
Enthusiast
Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: none
One more terminal emulator for kindle.

I worked a little on kiterm and produced a version that works alongside launchpad, instead of replacing it. This file can be installed by using launchpad installation (copy to /mnt/us/customupdates and press shift shift I), or directly by unzipping under /mnt/us.

Source code is at: http://my.svgalib.org/kindle/myts-6.tar.gz

Changes compared to lrizzo's kiterm (and to modifications by Xqtftqx, PoP, dsmid):
  1. Does not replace launchpad, but uses already installed launchpad.
  2. Does not have http server functionality.
  3. Full screen.
  4. Character encoding and font not compiled in.
  5. Font sizes configurable.
  6. Supports UTF8 as well as 8 bit encodings.
  7. Scroll back buffer.
  8. Minor bugfixes
    • Line wrapping support.
    • A few more control sequences.
    • Odd width fonts supported.

After installing, the default launchpad configuration (in the file /mnt/us/launchpad/myts.l.ini) is:
T T = start (or return to) terminal 1
T Y = start (or return to) terminal 2
T U = start (or return to) terminal 3
T A = kill myts

To display the keyboard mapping press any modifier (shift, menu, back, aA) and exit button (by default Left<).

Code:
Menu:
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F7 F8 F9  F10
`  %  ^  <  >  [  ]  =  F11 F12
\t  ;  ,  (  )  {  }

Back:

!  @  #  $  %  ^  &  *  (  )
'  +  #  -  _  (  )  &  !  ?
~  $  |  /  \  "  '  :
The symbols produced by Back key are configurable.

Fonts use "hex" format. A perl script is included that converts bdf fonts to hex. Since the fonts do not include width/height information, this must be provided in the configuration file (/mnt/us/myts/myts.ini). Fonts of width at most 8 may be used.

An encoding file is simply a 512 bytes binary file where the nth 16 bit word is the unicode value of char n. A script to generate such files is included.

To enable the scroll back buffer, use the configuration file option ScrollbackLines to set the number of lines saved in the buffer. A value of 0 (default) disables scroll back. I the default configuration file, the right page scrolling keys are used for scrollback, but this is configurable.
Attached Files
File Type: zip myts-8.zip (129.3 KB, 4347 views)

Last edited by twobob; 03-28-2013 at 04:13 PM. Reason: revision 8
Matan is offline   Reply With Quote