View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 04:53 AM   #1
MeganJoan
MeganJoan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo case for Australians

So, after having a small scare with a cracked screen (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86462) I decided to get a case to keep my Kobo in while it sits in my hand bag at work.

Turns out it's rather expensive to get a case shipped to Australia and it usually takes much longer than I'd like to get it here. Also, because I can't get a case custom made for Kobo that I know is good quality it could be a giant waste of time and money. I saw someone in the cases thread suggest this http://www.smiggle.com.au/SM_navIWCa...uct_Id=1602114
It's not exactly what I want but it'll work just fine until Kobo cases are released in Australia.

I bought one today and it really is a perfect fit. Thought I'd post photos for any other Australians who are interested

To give some more info it's a hard plastic/rubbery case and while there's cloth inside it's not actually padded. When I say hard plastic I don't mean completely hard, and it is still bendable slightly. I have mine with the screen facing towards the insert because this does have a small amount of padding. The Kobo fits quite snugly where I've put it but not so much that buttons are pressed or it's difficult to get in or out. If you were travelling it would be quite easy to fit the cable or some other accessories in there as well. You could store pens but I wouldn't given they'd be right up against the screen.
If like me you're just putting it into a handbag or somewhere else that it's still well looked after it should be fine to protect it, but I wouldn't recommend it for throwing the thing about or chucking it in a gym bag or the like, but I don't think I'd recommend that in any case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	540
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	53449   Click image for larger version

Name:	006.JPG
Views:	608
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	53451   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.JPG
Views:	551
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	53452   Click image for larger version

Name:	008.JPG
Views:	561
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	53453   Click image for larger version

Name:	009.JPG
Views:	502
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	53454   Click image for larger version

Name:	011.JPG
Views:	474
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	53455  

Last edited by MeganJoan; 06-16-2010 at 04:59 AM.
MeganJoan is offline   Reply With Quote