View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
This happens often on my 700 (and 505, and 500), when opening some of Calibre feeds. I either save feeds in lrf format on a disk then transfer through Sony software, or use ePub. First option includes a manual step but it never crashes the reader. Second option is all automatic but some of my feeds never work in this format. NYTimes, Economist, WSJ, Newsweek never crash on my reader in ePub. My local newspaper (very small file comparing to others) always crashes in this format, I have never been able to open it in ePub.

Try both formats, try to transfer through both Calibre and Sony software. I think Kovid added some preprocessing for lrf files but WSJ still gets stuck.

I like 700 but disappointed how often I need to reset it because of these crashes. You should press the reset then turn the power off. It always restarts the reader.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote