View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrw View Post
Really 2 requests, both associated with formats. It would be really nice if Calibre checked to see if deleting a format from a title would leave it with no formats, and issued a warning (when I have reformatted a number of books and get distracted before I delete the redundant formats, it is really easy to delete ones not yet converted and lose the original!)
My main request though is for a bit of colour - I would like to create empty books (i.e. no associated formats) for books I have in hard copy, and for missing books in series that I want to look out for, but I need to be able to quickly distinguish which of the 3 categories a title is in. I know I can create the empty entries, and I know I could create a custom column to identify the category, but I also know that on a quick glance I would mistake paper for missing, or forget to check at all, unless it is immediately obvious by for instance the title being shown in a different colour. Accepting that this would be a major change, a good substitute would be the ability to show a coloured icon in a custom column (e.g. a green tick for "in hard copy" or a red cross for "missing altogether")
Feature requests should go here. This forum is a good place to find out if others are interested in that feature, or if it's already available.

I think a warning before deleting the last format would be nice, but it's not something I need. I keep originals separately and backups of my calibre library.

On the color issue - have you considered just keeping a search with highlighting turned on to highlight the non-content books (or vice-a-versa)? Tag the books "NoFormats", then save teh search:

tag:"NoFormats"

and turn on the highlighter. This will show all the books with a colored highlight.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote