View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
JB5: downgrading FW->possible ?

I tried upgrading my year old JB with the latest FW and it is now un-usable for me.
All I really needed it for was TXT and PDF files and post upgrade it does the PDFs semi-reliably, but locks up tight on any TXT files.
(Just for yucks I tried other file types and the results are very random.)

There is a thread here about using the Chinese FW which fascinates me, but before I get myself in WAY too deep I'd like to ask a question which I've seen asked here in other threads, but not answered:

What is the 'trick' to downgrading JB FW ?

I got mine UP to 0.35k and back to 0.35a (?) but it failed when I tried to go below that, every time.

Since it originally had 0.33g I suspect there is an incompatibility or bug of some sort and going too new is a very bad thing.
I would rather believe this than to think the JB has gone bad and is now just doing random things because it is 'crazy' somehow.

And if anyone is inclined to answer me...what are the tricks, meaning cross changes possible between the JB and other device's FW, has anyone tried other types in the JB with success ?

Thanks !

mark
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote