View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 06:02 PM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotoman View Post
I had been having horribly long back-up times with my iPad to the point that I routinely cancelled it during sync.

I recently saw a lot of mention of the Zinio app in this context on the web and decided to remove it from the iPad. Problem seems to be fixed. My back-ups are taking less tham a minute now.

Zinio may not be the only app that causes this problem. The problem coulkd be in the iPad OS or the SDK tools setting some back-up flags incorrectly.

So I'm curious to see other's experience with long back-ups
I've turned off backups entirely. It may have been Zinio, it may have been my 30GB of data in total. Anyway, I've always stopped it manually. In the beginning I've even waited an entire hour - without result.
Don't miss the backup at all, don't see the need for it.
But Apple definitely should give some options, for example only backing up files <1MB. Or only specific formats. Or......
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote