View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #22
abeonis
eBook DIYer
abeonis began at the beginning.

Device: K4, KF HD 8.9, Readium
Hi Toxaris,

Probably everybody in our community is looking for a solution to convert MS-Word to HTML or at least anything that can alleviate the pain. You got the point. I made my homework and had a look at the post about Clean HTML macro for MS Word as it is part of this add-in (with some changes).

If I understand well, there are 2 open issues:
1. We have to check the images afterwards, “sometimes something goes wrong with the numbering, probably something typical Word”. You personally place the pictures in Sigil.
2. Unordered lists are converted to ordered lists

Are these issues still there? I write Technical/Business eBooks and use intensively both elements and I use images for tables.

I write myself in MS-Word, so I am the only responsible to do it correctly (I am my unique client). However, at the end I run manually some S&R, directly in MS-Word, one after one … so I will definitely have a look at your “Search & Replace” module. By the way can we save the modified MS-Word file?

I write my eBooks in Spanish and French. English regex can be easily adapted to these languages, we just have to remember that [a-z] doesn´t include é, ê, ñ, etc.

The Check accented Words module is “useful for languages that are not using accented words frequently in my opinion. It checks all accents to check they are correct. Words can be added to a temporary list to skip them for the remainder of the document.” Arrrgh! Could you please explain what it means?

Regarding the Create ePUB module, you limited the matadatas to the IDPF requirement. That’s OK. I will have to check if Sigil generates a uuid in case we do not include an ISBN in your form. I’d like to suggest you add 2 metadatas, the publisher and the pub date. Some platforms require them (Barnes&Noble). It should not be a big deal for you.
I know I can add this metadata in Sigil. By the way, is there any INI file where we could save all the options we commonly use in the tool?

Finally, let’s have a dream. Is it planned to be able to run the tool from a command file?

Again, many thanks for your efforts to solve this bottleneck. If at some point in your development you need to translate your GUI to spanish or french, just let me know how I can contribute to your effort.
abeonis is offline   Reply With Quote