View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #835
HYPE
Groupie
HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Interesting. Does that imply that the Germans didn't order a translation during their occupation of France? Considering Hitler's megalomania I would have imagined that he would have wanted every conquered people to read it in order to understand the righteousness of German dominance.
I'm not doing the translation myself, I'm just creating a decent ebook for it. To answer your question, though, Hitler never ordered a French translation because he was thoroughly against the idea. A possible explanation for this is that maybe he didn't want the French people to know about his plans. Les Nouvelles Éditions Latines basically translated it against his will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I would have guessed the errors are mainly OCR errors.
Yep, correct. However after having spent many, many hours trying to improve not only the epub itself but also the text (noting every error as I read through it), I found a PDF which contained a much cleaner version of the text. Obviously PDFs don't convert well to epubs, so I had to convert it into HTML, clean the whole thing using a lot of REGEX, then insert the cleaner text in the epub that I had already rebuilt.

Last edited by HYPE; 03-05-2013 at 11:16 AM.
HYPE is offline   Reply With Quote