View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #12
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
which is why it is great that there are so many choices to be had.

Personally, I would not buy an E-reader that did not have 3G or Wifi. the ability to download a book pretty much anywhere is wonderful. I have bought books in the airport, on the train, and in my bed. I love not having to get out of bed to go download a book. The Sony's just would not work for me, they are too expensive, the book store is awful (I have looked), and the lack f 3G or WiFi on most of the models is a non-starter.

I agree, Someone really needs to wake Sony up, the only thing I can think of is their sales are so strong overseas they don't feel the need to match features and price. But no wireless on almost all their models but yet charge more? The 950(their only wireless model) needs to be dropped at least $50 as does the rest of their models at least here in the US. Otherwise Kindle and the Nook will only widen the gap.

You're right their bookstore platform does stink, though I'll pop my head in time to time to see if they are running any specials.

but man I am with you about wireless, It advantages and convienence are undescribable.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote