View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Huh. I find it easier to subscribe to a single thread, and get email when something new has been added. Then I click the link and go right to the new item. I rarely have time to scan the thread index anymore.

So there's the other side of the story.
This is a good point, but my experiences have been that I don't have enough interest in any particular genre to make it worth subscribing to the threads. The monthly threads are so much less rewarding to me (when considering the time spent opening them up, going through them, and coming up empty) that I hardly ever look at them anymore. (I still look, but significantly less frequently.)

I found a lot more books to download when I could skim through the titles (with suggested genres). If a title seemed interesting, and I couldn't look at it right away, I could leave it as unread and come back to it later when I had more time, or it might return to my unread list later if it got bumped (there have been a lot of books that I picked up the second time around ). I don't get that reminder when it is buried in a month long thread.

However, I imagine it is working for a lot of people or they wouldn't keep going.

I miss the individual book threads but I'm also not submitting any myself and can't really complain about the way they are presented by the people that are finding and posting them.

Last edited by sakura-panda; 12-10-2012 at 01:23 PM.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote