View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 12:04 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
Ok, so I have some school books with a lot of hyperlinks, notes on the language used in the books, links to pictures and other things, footnoted throughout the text.

I converted the book to an rtf, where I am adding h2 headings to make it so I can jump from chapter to chapter easily on my Kindle. I know how to do that via calibre, that is not the problem.
I don't normally use rtf or mobi, but unless I'm mistaken when you converted the file from mobi to rtf you lost all links to footnotes. I don't believe RTF supports linking within the document.

You might have success converting to ePub, editing your chapters in Sigil, and converting it back to mobi.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote