View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #14
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I voted "Fixed Length" as a matter of practicality.

I have a couple of copyrighted works, and I appreciate the fact that they are protected, nominally, by copyright. But I don't see the sense of basing that copyright term on my death. To put it bluntly, the vast majority of people in this world don't know me from Adam and will have no idea when I die, or even if I am already dead.

Base the copyright on a length of time following the year of first publication or copyright. Make the term 50 years -- even for stories published in my 20s that would be good protection -- or make it 70 years, if you want. Anyone who finds one of my stories is pretty likely to see the copyright date -- but I doubt Wikipedia or anyone else will keep track of the day I die.

Anyway, this has been a pet peeve of mine for quite some time. Thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited by cromag; 09-14-2013 at 12:44 AM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote