View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolog View Post
hi kyteflyer

I tried Stanza but crashes

I'll try the others

I tried only pdfs at the moment, they are read fine by iBooks, I assume, but when I close and reopen the book, it is simply opened at the cover page not at the page where I was since I closed.

Do I need to download somewhere in the phone (and how? I've no choice...)

thank you very much for the suggestions

paolo
I'm sorry Paolo, I didn't really think about PDF when I was thinking ebooks. I am recommending those above for epub, not PDF. If you want to read PDF then I think Goodreader (not free, but worth every penny) is your best option. Bluefire also reads PDF. However, I wouldnt read PDF on my phone, its too small. Why don't you convert the PDFs to epub?

You'll need to download from the App Store on the phone if you are wanting to avoid iTunes.

May I ask why you don't want to use iTunes? Is it because you don't like it, or because the phone is your wife's and you don't want to get the accounts confused? The thing is, the phone doesn't care, you still have to use the App Store to get applications.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 03-19-2013 at 02:36 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote