Thread: Kindle Help!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Books101
Books101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire HD
Unhappy Kindle Help!

I'm looking into purchasing a Kindle Fire HD but there are a few questions that I have first regarding calibre and Kindle Fire.

I have an extensive calibre library from previous e-readers and by searching on the internet figured out how I will be able to get all of my books to appear in the books section of the Kindle Fire... but that leads me to a couple of other questions...

1. I have a macbook pro and the latest version of calibre... Will calibre be able to pick up my kindle via USB? If not, how else can I transfer my 1,000 or so books...?

2. Will the news feeds I am subscribed to via calibre automatically show up in the newsfeed section of the Kindle Fire? (And how will I get them there?)

3. If I have some PDF copies of magazines and would like to get them to show up under the newsfeed section on the new Kindle Fire how would I get them to do that?

Sorry for such a long post, but I'm trying to make a decision and will not purchase a kindle fire unless I can get all of my calibre stuff onto it fairly quickly and easily. Thanks!!!

Last edited by Books101; 11-28-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Books101 is offline   Reply With Quote