Thread: Arc Kobo Arc
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 01:36 AM   #20
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinted_tictac View Post
I stopped by my local Chapters on the weekend to play with the Arc as well as compare it side-by-side with the Nexus 7. Very impressed with the look and feel of the Arc.
[...]
Anyway, still undecided about which one to buy, but Nexus has the advantage at this point.
I'm curious, why would the Nexus have the advantage for you? Like the Nexus, the Arc is an open device; the Arc, however, is cheaper, and has front-facing speakers that easily beat anything I've heard on another tablet. There's also that Kobo supports Canadian jobs (despite Rakuten buying the company, Kobo's headquarters and most of Kobo's employees are in Canada), which is a nice bonus (since the Chapters reference suggests you live in Canada). And I think Tapestries has something to offer on the user interface front.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote