View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 03:16 AM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
...They would have a more richer and rewarding life in these days....
Not to mention antibiotics. Syphilis is no longer the kiss of death it was in their day.

I wonder about our species sometimes. I would venture to say that most of us have not been purely monogamous all of our lives, and yet every adventure off the farm still subjects us to the possibility of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. Will we ever evolve defenses against them? Are other species similarly afflicted? What of our near cousins, the highly sexual bonobos? I've heard, but don't quote me on this, that they have natural defenses against sexual defenses that evolved in response to their anything goes lifestyle.

Maybe for the sake of generations yet unborn we should all be having more sex with more partners.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote