View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 12:17 AM   #37
khmann
Enthusiast
khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: b006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthir View Post
not use this until (if) there is a version that works more or less flawlessly.
Sorry to be a bother.
Mobad's latest pastie is _really_ close : ) And you always have [Alt][G] if things really get bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoke451 View Post
The last two updates have been messing with the screensaver...
Confirmed; because the eInk controller is left in a funny mode - and then possibly the kindle is putting the eInk panel into a deeper state of sleep before the script gets a chance to refresh it.

My GF doesn't like the fadeout to white - she prefers the previous algo (which _I_ still can't make work like this : ) and then we get too dark screensaver instead of too light
Quote:
echo -n -e "19 0\n18 0\n19 7\n" > /proc/eink_fb/update_display
So maybe give the user a choice between dark refresh and light refresh; wonder if one works better on non-k3s?

A thought about Mobad status disabler... I would be interesting to see some benchmarks on the eInk... does it take longer to change the screen from full black to full white then to go from 25% to 0? Visually yes, but can the display actually be updated quicker? What if you only change one pixel, does it take the same time as the whole screen? I wonder if we could eek a microscopic performance improvement by only updating the center 580x780 with an AreaRefresh? Not that it'd be worth the trouble mind you...

Last edited by khmann; 07-26-2011 at 12:24 AM.
khmann is offline   Reply With Quote