View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #24
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
I can understand (sort of) wanting to standardize how covers are handled, i.e., downloading from server so that covers from books on device and covers from books in cloud are handled the same. But I don't buy that it's too much effort or time-consuming for a Kindle to extract a cover from within the ebook file.

On my Sonys, when you add a book, it takes maybe 2 seconds for the reader to extract the cover and create a thumbnail, which is then stored in a separate thumbnail folder. This happens only once, the first time the book is added.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote