View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 10:50 PM   #32
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorridRedDog View Post
I have some books that I may re-read in paper format because I will not pay for it in ebook format. And, yes, I could probably find a pirated copy for free. But I have the book so why bother?

On the other hand I have some old books that cost all of 45 cents. When they were new that is. Some are fiction, science fiction, and hard to find history books. None of them will ever be converted to ebook format.

But you are right, spending a few hundred dollars on hardware to convert them is a bit too much.
That would fall to personal preference. Unless the withering book was one of high quality paper and printing, I probably would get a ebook of it. Though if it were high quality, I'd probably want to replace it with a same or better quality hardcopy.

Of all the ones on my shelf, the few that I have from Lulu would probably be the ones worth saving since they're printed on better paper, used good ink, from a fairly unknown author, and might have a higher chance of being rare. I also have fond memories and emotions attached it while I was reading the paperback.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote