View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 05:24 PM   #11
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
But you have to consider the fact that they deliberately chose a time and place for this where people were least likely to stop for anything even if they wanted to, and usually for good reasons.
It's what I'm saying as well. It was:
1. a metro station on a busy working day day
2. not a mainstream artist
3. not a mainstream composer
4. not mainstream a series of songs e.g. Chaconne by Bach, Ave Maria by Schubert (ok, Schubert might have been more familiar, Ave Maria sung in churches and by Celine Dion . How many of us ever heard it on a violin?

All these were deliberate choices and I believe they inevitably influenced the outcome. However, a select number of commuters were touched in one way or another: a few stopped before heading on, one actually approached Bell having recognized him, the baby wanted to hear more.
A paltry number but then we've been lamenting the downfall of classical music for decades. So maybe the sample that did have a reaction is indicative of all those things coming together?
Maybe the experiment was, after all, a success?

@Lbooker: Never heard of psychogeography but glad you've brought it to my attention. Will study it more

To everyone, thanks for your pennies
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote