View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 06:26 AM   #2
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
It reminds me of an experiment in psychogeography conducted by Guy Debord and his friends of Situationist International 50 years ago. They plotted the whereabouts of several people on maps of Paris for a long time, and in the end showed that basically people behave like robots, always going around in the same ways, thus exploring only a tiny part of reality, knowing and discovering only few of the possibilities of life. Which is why Debord invented the "dérive". Guy Debord's Theory of the Dérive. A video of a dérive in Vancouver; dice are cast and the numbers indicate directions to follow (numbers may signify : cardinal points, distance, actions, such as riding a bus until the sixth stop, or entering the third shop, building, or bar, or following the fifth person passing by for three minutes, or turning right at the fourth crossroads). Many more psychogeographic videos on youtube.

I watched the video of Joshua Bell from the article you linked to. I would have listened to the whole performance on that day, since I love Bach's partitas, and especially the third one, which he plays in the short video. Here is Itzhak Perlman playing it.
The whole partita by Jascha Heifetz.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote