Thread: Kobo defecter
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I don't have a perfect Kindle PW1, and, in fact, exchanged mine many times when it came out, and settled for the least bad screen. That's because I have above-average color vision, and could see color blobs on all of them, along with pinpricks, smudges under the screen, bright spots where the light was shining through, etc. Buying a good PW last year was no walk in the park. Why did I not just return them all and call it a day? Because it is still an awesome device.

I love the Amazon ecosystem and their unbelievable customer service, plus the fact that, if you have a US account, you can get the audiobook for sometimes 1.99 or 2.99 if you own the kindle ebook. I love that I can email books to my device, I love their website, which is my number one ebook discovery tool, and the fact that if there us an issue with a book, I can return it within 7 days with the click of a button.

Really, one of these things would be reason enough to stay in their ecosystem, but all of them combined just make me wonder why anyone would ever want to use any other vendor.

I pre-ordered the PW2.
I totally realized that when I had my fling with Kobo.... . I really wish I had resisted and not bought the Aura HD and the mini, which both now sit around, untouched, since July for the Aura and end of August for the mini. I am back to my true love, my PW1, and eagerly expecting the PW2.

Last edited by aceflor; 09-29-2013 at 03:58 PM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote