View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #30
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
First, You said we would have to get the checkdisk v5 program. Do we still need to get it, or did you get it incorporated into your program?
It's now incorporated. All you need is the V5LOGOS.EXE program.

Quote:
Next, you said the files had to be 256 greyscale? First, I can't get my program to convert to a 256 greyscale, it saves ok but when I pull it back up, it shows 8bit color. And the two files you have as an example, also show as 8 bit color in my program. Is this my program not doing it, or am I confused, or does your program work on 8 bit color, or .........
In my program (Paintshop Pro), a 'grayscale' bitmap is different than a 256-color bitmap, although they're both 8 bits per pixel, and the stored file size is the same for both. I believe the difference is in the palette mapping in the file. Either one will WORK... but with the 256-color, you probably won't get what you hope for. The 'colors' tend to be off, they don't translate well to grayscale in the PEZ. I think I can fix that in the V5LOGOS program, but it will have to wait a day or three until I get more time to look at it. (I'm just about done for the night...)

Quote:
My latest success with the Jinke Logomaker had me using 4 bit, 300 dpi, and 2400x1000 pixels giving me a 8"w by 3.33" h file. I figured I must be doing something wrong.....
It was SORT of working that way, but if you look at your screen captures, you'll see that your image was being duplicated, used twice. And there's nothing you can do about it (with LogoMaker), because that program is simply outputting the wrong format file for the V5 (PEZ).

Quote:
I'd love to get going on this but I need to know about the checksum file and the 256 greyscale before I upload it.
You can go ahead and play with it "as is", using 256-color bitmaps, but you may need to create a 'test' bitmap that has rectangles of all 256 colors (in order), load those in and take a picture of them, so you know which ones are really LIGHT and which ones are really DARK, and then go back and 're-color' your images that way. It's kind of hokey, but I think I can fix things up to avoid that problem. But it won't happen tonight, probably not until tomorrow night, and possibly not until Saturday night or Sunday morning. (Work and family, work and family... )
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote