View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #38
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibble View Post
I'm using Feedly now, via Chrome (on the computer) and Android (on my phone); it syncs between the two.
It syncs between the two because it's using Google Reader as the backend. Yes, they have a transition plan. But that transition plan is just a reimplementation of Reader's public API, and who knows how well it's been tested?

But really, my biggest gripe is that Feedly is not a website. It requires a browser add-on, which means it doesn't work in IE (not so important for desktop, but super important for mobile/tablet devices like Surface and Windows Phone), Opera, or pretty much anything that's not Chrome/Firefox/Safari. For mobile devices, an app is required but they only support Android and iOS. If you have a Windows Phone or Blackberry, forget about it.

Maybe they'll open up their Reader API reimplementation to others to use (like NextGen Reader), or maybe they won't.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote