View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #48
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by stethorn View Post
I have tried the paperwhite and love the way it goes so low, I can understand why amazon made the paperwhite light permanently on as if you pick it up at its lowest setting then there is no fiddling trying to find the light control.
At first I couldn't believe that the Kindle Paperwhite would keep its light on all the time, I thought that would decrease battery life unnecessarily. But I found a thread on the Amazon forums talking about it: http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_...x32COF8YL5D7R2

I've only read the first few pages of that thread but it seems that indeed the light is always on. Some people don't like this, some claim that it gives them a headache. Others say that the lowest setting is still too bright for them. Some have reported a bug where the light stays on even when the PW is in sleep mode. Some feel that the always on light is wasting battery power (even though in theory the LEDs should be using very little power at their lowest setting. Seems all is not so rosy in Paperwhite land...
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote