View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #19
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
When I first started I pushed a word file to Smashwords, and a mobi to Amazon. Through those to outlets I got my book out to 95% or better of the ebook market place (US Market at least).

But now I make :

1) One EPUB for B&N
2) One EPUB for Kobo
3) One WORD file for Smash
4) One MOBI file for Amazon

The reason is partly speed and partly accuracy. For example, B&N represents a large (maybe 20%) piece of my sales, but going through Smash can delay releases/updates as much as 2 months. Kobo I think is poised to become a major player, so I am hedging my bets and treating them as one ahead of the game but currently they are a distance 4th behind Apple in my sales.

I have dealt with other small outlets, like Bookiejar, and etc, directly but it frankly is not worth it. I really only sell via those 4 files mentioned above, and pretty much with my forth novel I have abandoned the rest.

Smash also gets me in Libraries, but that is a new market for them and still being developed. I know of no other way for me to get in to libraries.
See? What he said. Dang, if I'd waited ten minutes, I wouldn't have had to type at all. ;-)

P.S.: I concur, 100%, about Kobo. They are poised for big biz in the Far East.

H
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote