View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 06:16 AM   #632
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigran View Post
Kai771

For ARM you need this file arm-kindle-linux-x-tools-glibc2.5-gcc4.2.4.tar.gz (45741995 bytes). Just unpack it's "arm-kindle-linux-gnueabi" subdirectory into /usr/local/arm and add /usr/local/arm/arm-kindle-linux-gnueabi/bin/ to PATH and everything will be OK. (compile with make HOST=arm-kindle-linux-gnueabi)
Thanks a lot. It's not that hard to find - I already had it, just didn't have a chance to try it out yet . I'll try a bit later and report back. Btw, make HOST=arm-kindle-linux-gnueabi is equivalent to just make with HOST=arm-kindle-linux-gnueabi in Makefile, right?

Quote:
For emulator, on my system (FC12, 32bit) everything compiles fine, with no adjustments to the Makefile.
Actually, I'm more interested in the emulator. I'll try another distro later, that's not a problem. What I want to know is if you find any faults with my steps.

Quote:
And, btw, if you are interested in just a PDF/DjVu viewer (without builtin CoolReader) then you can build the kpdfdjview branch (git checkout kpdfdjview) which has fewer dependencies and builds much faster, resulting in a smaller program.
I'm interested in all formats I get get , but it won't hurt to also try kpdfdjview branch too. Will try later.

Quote:
Also, to build an installable package you need to do "make HOST=arm-kindle-linux-gnueabi customupdate".
I knew this one (I took a look in Makefile), but as I understood it, this will only package it in zip - won't help if it doesn't compile in the first place.

Thanks for taking the time to help a noob.

Last edited by Kai771; 09-17-2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: typo
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote