View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt57 View Post
Since posting this I have tried a few times to get Kindle for Android to sync with Calibre. However, for some reason it isn't detecting the library.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab has a main memory (about 12 gigs free). It shows up as Drive E on my laptop. The removable SD card is Drive F.

If I select "Card A" which is the SD card, it sees a heap of files, mostly spreadsheets and other documents. If I select "Main Memory" of the device, where the Kindle for Android library resides, nothing.

I have submitted a bug report as per the Calibre manual instructions. Hopefully the lads will be able to resolve this one for me.

I've upgraded my library since I last posted this, including updated meta data, book covers and so on, which is reflected on my Kindle DX. I would like to have it replicated on the tablet if possible.
I run Android on my HD2. I never see the main memory either, but if I did, I'd not want to put my library there. I keep all my libraries on the SD card. I barely have enough room in the main memory for my apps (I move most of those to the SD card also). Can you move the Kindle library to the SD card? That's really where you want it for an Android device and it's pretty unusual for an Android reader app to not keep ebooks there.

Next, what is the name of the Kindle library folder? By default, the Calibre Android driver will only find it if it's in one of the following folders: eBooks/import, wordplayer/calibretransfer, Books
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote