View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #15
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
Hi Guys,

M S = !/mnt/us/musicshuffle/shuffle

Then, next time you want to shuffle your music, simply run that command, and it will shuffle all of your music.

~ Kranu

Let me know if you encounter problems with this, I will try to weed them out, although I'm pretty bad at shell scripting.
I get an "is_integer" not found when I run the shuffle script.

However, since installing the Kindle terminal, as I regularly listen to music on K3, I realised that using the terminal is a useful way to control mplayer directly, particularly as it displays mp3 tags, file info' etc. Previously I'd installed fbdev's kinamp, so mplayer was already in the system folder.

So, I launch the terminal via a launchpad sequence, then:

cd /mnt/us/music

& from there:

../system/mplayer -shuffle *.*

which seems to work pretty well.

All of that can be put in a short script, & aliased to keypresses of your choice.

Space pauses play, enter goes to next tune.

You can press the left hand < key to go back to Kindle & carry on reading a book, etc.. You also get the hardware volume control working from there, whereas you need keypresses for volume via the terminal. At any time whilst reading, you can launch the terminal again to see current song title, last few played etc..

You can also, by terminal output redirection, collect all the current session's output into a file. so you can see just how random mplayer's shuffle really is

Playlists can also be defined if you wish.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote