View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #14
recycledelectron
Groupie
recycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-books

Device: Lifebook T5010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
The U.S. government has not really "controlled" broadcasting. Their efforts have been largely to prevent individuals from taking over too much of the public spectrum, to avoid a monopoly over broadcasting. Beyond that, they have taken little action regarding what was broadcast.
Baloney

The F'ing Censorship Commission has strangled all voices that are not in the so-called main stream media. Their imact has destroyed my country.

First, look at the difference in the reporting done by ABC news (for example) and compare it to the forums that are discussing the same event. That's the impact of the F'ing Censorship Commission.

Second, I once dared to make a phone call criticizing ABC News reporting (carried on 820 AM in the D/FW, Texas area) for making false statements about the death of a friend of mine. I offered proof of their errors, and asked that they correct it. I was told to screw myself. After I looked into pursuing slander suit against ABC News on behalf of my late friend's estate, I was almost fired. I never mentioned my employer in the course of this dispute, but I was called into the VP's office at the telecom where I worked, and Mr. Ed, Mr. Charlie, & Mr. Ron threatened my job over my actions against a fellow company that was also regulated by the FCC. They told me that if I ever said a word against the FCC's regulation of companies - on or off the job - that I would be fired.

Third, the FCC subsidizes the political interests that keep them in power. ABC News (for example) gets bandwidth for a tiny fraction of the cost that other companies would pay for it. Imagine what Google would pay for the bandwidth that is used for a few FM radio stations. Ron Paul would cut funding the FCC, so he's never mentioned on FCC censored broadcasts.

I've preached before that you must get the ebooks now, and keep them off line. Have off site back-ups.

Andy
recycledelectron is offline   Reply With Quote