Thread: Seriousness Tragic news about Patricia
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #224
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I thought of her family during the holidays. I had received a gift last year of "crackers" from a co-worker whose wife is a Brit. I did not know what they were and basically ruined them by trying to figure it out. Patricia told me all about how much her family enjoyed them and their tradition of opening them at the table during their Christmas meal. I saw this on TV this year on some generic Christmas special, and it was a moment of comprehension to see the TV family opening them. My heart goes out to you and the rest of Patricia's family.
LOL . I had to laugh when I read this, because I know it's true. Christmas Crackers are such a part of Christmas here in Britain that we never stop to think that people in other parts of the world aren't familiar with them. I learned this when I went to Ireland on a coach tour one Christmas, and the Americans who were on the tour didn't have a clue what to do with them .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote