View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by d10sfan View Post
Ok Thanks HarryT. That helped alot. One more question I have is the startup time: Does the 24 seconds happen when you fully turn it off?
That's right, yes. Mine's a little quicker - about 20 seconds. Depends how many books you have on the machine.

Quote:
Because the sony boots up a lot faster than that when you just turn it off when you have battery.
No, if you turn the Sony off (either by using the menu item on the 505, or by resetting it) it takes a good couple of minutes to boot. When you use the power switch, you aren't turning it off - you're just blanking the screen and disabling most of the buttons.

Quote:
The extra battery life by turning it off dosent make much sense to me because the e-ink display dosent use any (not very much at least) battery when its just showing a page.
But the screen isn't the only thing that's using power; the CPU. RAM, etc, all use power too.

If the battery has died on your Sony, one thing which may interest you about the Gen3 is that it has a user-replaceable battery, unlike the Sony.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote