View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I think, at least at first, the Wifi models will be the most popular. Also, I almost wonder if Amazon is selling few wifi models online so there is simply more stock of them to distribute to retail outlets.

It will be interesting for sure...I think many of us wonder though about the training the staff has to actually sell and answer questions about them, or any other ebook readers. It's not like places like Staples or Target are willing to pay someone a fair wag for their knowledge of these and other tech devices. Still I also have wondered if there is much return on that for the retailer.

I have wondered if it might be viable to setup what amount to manned kiosk-type booths inside these stores kinda like is done for cell phones but for ebook devices, MP3 players and other portable type devices...obviously mfg's do depend on web info everywhere for sure, but maybe this is even more important to ebook readers, many of their potential customers are pretty gadget-phobic...I can see older readers who are very intrigued by the idea of a reader device but don't even have a cell phone because they are intimidated by them.

Honestly I think it would be fun to sell ereaders to people in such a situation.

Now, here is a question, for places that also sell books, say like a Target or Walmart (Sony readers only devices in their stores as far as I am aware), where do they position the display? Near the books or the electronics dept...I think at first I would put at least a big arse sign right inside every customer entry point. But after than are these best put in the book department or the electronics department...somewhere in between? Signage to direct people to the other location to see the devices and maybe buy them?

Location, location, location!!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote