View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #9
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
2. Is there a command for faculty restoring?
Actually, there are additional bootmodes of "factory" and "reset". I could create additional u-boots and add MfgTool Profiles for them. I did not do that because I have not tested those boot modes and I am not sure what they do at this time.

You can also set those bootmode values with the "idme" command, and I may try that later when my recovery tools are more complete.

There are also scripts in the kindles to do factory reset, and to place it in shipping mode (like when it first came out of the box).

*** Also, I have a tool similar to MfgTool for use by the Kindle 3, and I have source code so I can do custom u-boots for it too. I plan to add Kindle 3 "Select Boot" support in the future.

P.S. A reverse shell is easy, but I am trying to get dropbear SSH working. Getting close. I will provide a package that will be easy to install from diags, to provide SSH and to run RUNME.sh on the USB Drive if it finds one. I will use one of my "secret" jailbreak methods to do this, but it will make NO changes to the main or diags boot partitions, unless you select those options from a menu.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-20-2012 at 11:06 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote