View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #98
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Type a long title and find you have a typo at the first letter after you finish. No way to go back and fix it without erasing it all and starting over. I can easily see the reviewers blasting this D-Pad keyboard all to pieces and I would not blame them at all.
How do you know that? Just because you can't see any arrow keys on the keyboard doesn't mean you can't move around in what you're typing. There could be left/right keys on the numeric/punctuation keypad, which presumably will appear when you click on the "?123" button. Or maybe they will let you press Up while on the top line of the keyboard to put a cursor in the edit field box, and then pressing left/right will allow you to position the cursor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
My wifi password is a combination of letters and numbers. Typing it would be really annoying. Sorry, but there is no way I can recommend a wifi Kobo at this stage of the game with such an inefficient keyboard.
But surely the Kobo will remember the password, so entering it is only a one-time exercise. This is how my smart phone works.
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote