View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #14
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
And that is why I went with the MBP 13 rather than the iPad, once Apple made clear what OS it would run. I needed OSX for Photoshop. I've talked to a few people excited about the iPad that haven't grasped the difference between the iPad/iPhone OS and a desktop OS.

That clamshell case is pretty slick. I hope that is where tablets are going - it gives you the best of both worlds, when you need it.

And I hope that they'll be able to run robust photo-editing apps. The #1 reason I went notebook vs. waiting for the iPad is I need Photoshop's layer capabilities. So for me, my options are:

1. Apple to build layers into Aperture/iPhoto
2. Adobe to build Photoshop for the iPad OS
3. switch to a better paying career so I can afford a MBP AND an iPad
4. win an iPad

1 and 2 will happen when hell freezes over, and #3 isn't likely in this economy or my personal preferences. So I'm working option #4 - I'm entered in two iPad contests right now

I been thinking about installing a Touchscreen on my MSI Wind. I like to be able to use a pen, or my fingers for editing in photoshop. My wind I have 2 gigs of ram, and Windows 7 and Mac OS X dual booted on it. It would costs around 80-90 bucks to get the kit they say, I just haven't gotten around to it.

http://netbookmag.com/2009/02/26/tut...-installation/
rock is offline   Reply With Quote