View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 03:31 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That option only control replacement of entities as they are typed. The editor never uses UTF-16 or generates UTF-16 encoded files, ever. The editor always outputs UTF-8.
OK. I found the reason is a wrongly selected UTF-16 writer2xhtml preference (scr) that again Sigil blissfully automatically corrects. On the other hand, the Editor has a sharper reporting capability than Flightcrew or Epubcheck.

So since the Editor outputs UTF-8, and using this option maintains DOCTYPE and nbsp (in this particular checkbox case), there should be no reading problems anymore with Sigil. Excellent.

Sorry for this. It's again my mistake. One day my EPUB will be unbroken...I learnt another thing today.

And here to conclude a final -but not perfect- EPUB with subsetted fonts and 'traditional' nbsp. All other reported mistakes suppressed. Going to and from Sigil without problem.
(Sigil used namely for splitting two chapters).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	writer2xhtml.png
Views:	302
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	120860  
Attached Files
File Type: epub Lettres de Saint-Arnaud - 1.epub (771.5 KB, 240 views)

Last edited by roger64; 03-27-2014 at 06:08 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote