View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 04:51 AM   #10
electronicfur
Connoisseur
electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Samsung Note FBReader, Nook Simple Touch FBReader, (Kindle3 died)
SilverAce,

I am also having a slow startup problem, and I've so far traced the issue to Calibre reading the attributes of all the books in my library on startup.

I dont yet know why this is happening. I've even got this happening if I use the Calibre portable version and point it at my library, so I know it's not a plugin causing the issue.

I used Process Monitor to discover what Calibre was doing on startup. See

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896645.aspx

Process Monitor for me shows lots of CreateFile, QueryNetwork, CloseFile entries, and when I look at the details it is requesting the Read Attributes of the files. It seems to do this for all books, so my startup is extremely slow.

I dont use any composite columns, so not sure why this is happening. I only have one custom Genre column. And although I have excluded the calibre directories, I've completely disabled my virus scanner whilst testing this to be sure it is not the cause.

Last edited by electronicfur; 09-18-2012 at 04:54 AM.
electronicfur is offline   Reply With Quote