View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #15
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
booklover6

you missread (intentionally?)
Ashjuk complains about Calibres file-structure on his computer - not the reader!
Yes it is Calibre's file structure on my PC that I don't like.

I have my library catalogued by type - biographies, travel, history etc. - which I have created and manually place relevant books in these folders.

What annoys me about Calibre is that if I open one of these books it insists on creating a new folder for that book rather than just leaving it where it was - and there appears to be no way of changing this action.

Reading a sticky in the Calibre forum it seems that they are rather adamant that the user is not capable of organising their own folder structure and that everyone should accept that the only way is Calibre's way. Well I'm sorry but personally I think I can design a far better folder structure that suits me than one bit of software will ever be able to do.

As I said before the only use I can find for Calibre is working with Alf's add-on, and if I could find a way of doing that without using Calibre then I would ditch it in a flash.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote