View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 12:43 PM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik_1 View Post
I think what you're looking for is this key in the registry :

HKEY_Local_Machine\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Enum\USB\Vid_054c&Pid_031e

As far as I know, those Pid's are unique per device -- so you should only see those if you have a PRS-505 that's been attached. Doing a search for this key may be the easiest way, I'll dig and see if there's another easier identifier.
That sounds like it should work, I'll test it on XP and vista and see if it does.

EDIT: As far as I can tell this only allows for presence testing. I can't figure out how to find the drive letter its mapped to,

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 10-19-2007 at 02:32 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote