View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #249
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
About format quality - I got so many different mistakes that it is easier to add txt file to the book record.
I do most of the problem listing with abbreviated format-problem tags in the same new column as format quality rating, rather than using an associated txt format. I assess and fix it before I read, note problems I couldn't fix as tags if I fix right away, otherwise if I delay fixing I note the ones I noticed during assessment. In the future after I read something and am adding my-rating to the metadata in booklist, if I came across other format problems I add tags for them at that point, unless I got disgusted while reading and paused reading to fix those on the fly.

So I don't keep track of the things I've fixed, just the ones I've noticed that annoy me that I haven't fixed yet. I do tags for paragraph jams (no paras within the jam, often of dialog by different people), and missing text, missing quotes, missing spaces (word jams), bad margins or indents, lack of bold/italic, and a bunch of other things that have no fixes or I haven't learned how to fix yet. If there are too many I trash the format as not worth the trouble, during assessment or trying to read it. If a particular download source has enough of those for me to notice, I'll avoid using that source again.

Last edited by unboggling; 09-18-2011 at 08:52 AM.