View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 07:17 AM   #246
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
travger, thanks for the feedback.

Regarding using Copy to Library, I try to avoid using it because there are so many "ifs". If the column structure is the same. If you don't care that the metadata internal to the format doesn't get updated. If you remember which ones you've Copied To Library already without deleting, and which you didn't yet. All I want to do is copy/paste the series name (especially for complicated multi-sub-series series) or correct authors (especially if there are lots of authors). Copy To Library is extra iffy steps for me. I also like to complete all the metadata shortly after Adding, rather than waiting on some of it.

Whatever ways work for someone, that they're comfortable with, are good.

Edit: btw, the workflow is still rough, has some awkward parts, too much detail in some parts, not enough in others, needs refining. I've already got 2 pages of notes for next revision.

Last edited by unboggling; 09-18-2011 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Added comment re workflow needs work