View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 09:10 AM   #4
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Also, be aware that full-page notes are not converted to text on the iLiad, though you can enter short amounts of text in forms. iRex is reselling a handwriting OCR program by Vision Objects that supposedly will convert the notes handwriting to text on a windows-based PC. I haven't tried it.

However, I recently had an interesting email exchange with Vision Objects about the possibility of getting their full HWR software on Linux, since they do have products that perform complete HWR for Windows and obviously they've ported at least some of this to Linux for the iLiad. While the first email I received in reply simply stated that they were windows only, I then got a follow-up saying they were looking into porting their SW to Linux. So that could affect the availability of full-page HWR at some future point.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote