View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #39
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Hi, Ken,
1) It is not a Kepub file made for Kobo. It also opens very fast on my old Pocketbook 602. Can I send it to your email if you are interested in trying it.
Thank you.
I tried your 3MB "slow" epub and it did take a little longer than others of around that size, but still it was only about 40 seconds, well under a minute for it in Koreader at 1747 pages. I noticed that it is full of hyperlinks, that will sometimes slow the processing a little. Large color pictures can drastically slow loading of epubs in most readers, also. I notice that it has a 20 page TOC that works in Koreader. All told, I think it loaded pretty fast. I admit that it seemed like a long time, when you are used to almost instant loading.

It could appear faster with the Kobo software as a good deal of processing for chapters and links takes place when it is loaded onto the device and included in its database.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 11-07-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote