View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #70
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by signum View Post
Here's another issue that popped up for me:

The keyboard shortcut <ctrl-alt-r> on a selection of file(s) won't trigger a rename action. Right-clicking with the mouse brings up a popup menu that I can select "rename" from with a left click and things work smoothly from there.
Works fine for me. You are going to have to narrow it down a bit more if there is some circumstance where it doesn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by signum View Post
One more issue:

I can't seem to be able to use a slash or ampersand as part of the name for a saved search and replace. I had wanted to name a certain search and replace pattern as "F/R", but the search editor wouldn't take anything that included the "/", reverting back to the old name in all cases. I had only a little better luck wih using an ampersand, but when I named the pattern as "F&R", the popup that showed up when I right-clicked the search and replace panel showed "FR", with an underscore under the R. When I went ahead and chose it anyway, it showed "F&R" under the "Loaded" note. Vertical bar and plus sign worked in the name without a hitch. What am I doing wrong?
This got me a while ago too. Unfortunately / is a reserved character that the saved searches and clips functionality uses when it stores its hierarchy internally in the file, so it is rejected as a character a user can type in a name.