View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #1120
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by artbatista View Post
I myself was cut off from my books at amazon, when they decided to switch away from PDF years ago.

Then Fictionwise was cutoff by overdrive, resulting in mess that took a year to sort out. At FW it was actually worse than Amazon, because they sold books in multiple formats (lit, mobi, pdb, etc) with multiple DRM forms.

I swore I would never buy a book that I can't remove DRM from.

No, my friend, I agree with you.

To paraphrase Alex: "anyone not removing DRM and converting their books to an open format, IS most certainly out of his/her mind"

Art
I think it's like a cardiac arrest or cancer or diabetes.. Very few people REALIZE the implications until it HITS them or CLOSE to them.

The people who have so far not been affected and "dont have the time" havent yet FELT the pinch.