View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Unfortunately, it is just that kind of thinking - and speaking - that will ensure that ePub 3 is not adopted...
It's the unrealistic specs that have all this multimedia that will help keep ePub 3 from being adopted.

But to be honest, I can easily see Adobe come out with a version of ADE that supports ePub 2 and ePub 3 (without the multimedia stuff) as a lot devices ADE is used on (eInk Readers) won't do well with all that multimedia.

As a reader, I don't want multimedia and even if I could read the eBook without activating it, it would still be there as code bloat unless I went and stripped it out. This means that I would have to strip out the multimedia from most ePub 3 eBooks. That's just something that will bring about a change back to pBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote