View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #6
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburnt View Post
I find the collections function in Calibre to be very unreliable. I have lost the collections over and over again, there is an issue with the way the metadata is written and updated.
You mean you have lost the collections that were installed on your reader? Because I really think that is more down to you messing with and crashing the reader. Reader crashes and improper mounts/dismounts can result in collections and bookmarks being gone. This is not related to Calibre, obviously.

If you mean you have lost the collections _within_ the Calibre program that would be interesting. But unlikely.

edit: never mind, I've seen your other posts. You've been messing with the XML media files (likely without a fair clue of what you are doing), adding/deleting books at random while connected to your PC and then reloading in Calibre without disconnecting first and more. In short, the problem exists between chair and keyboard.

Last edited by acidzebra; 09-17-2009 at 10:07 AM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote