Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #1115
RickyB
Enthusiast
RickyB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RickyB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RickyB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Ricky, you can't extrapolate that the 2.1.1 firmware is no good at all, from just one personal experience.

... and why would you try new firmware when you are away from your computer and unable to restore everything if something goes wrong?

(from one of the many who find 2.1.1 to be the best firmware so far)
You're right : I cannot extrapolate that and did not intend to.

I can and will conclude however that version 2.0.0 did cause issues for my KT, and for those of others. It has done on two occasions, once when released and again on the weekend. This means IMHO its too far from the 'consumer' device to recommend to anyone not comfortable with technology.

You also asked why I would update when away from my computer. A very simple answer: because my KT asked if I wanted to! Why the heck should I as a consumer think anything else??

To close my current experience off, after the latest factory reset the desktop software again pushed 2.0.0. So far this has worked. Does wifi update and desktop update give different versions, or follow a different process?
RickyB is offline   Reply With Quote