View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 02:54 PM   #32
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
There really needs to be some type of search feature. You tell it a page range and it goes to the middle of the range. Then you tell it to go forward or backward and it goes to the middle of the remaining range, etcetera.
You can do that today if you want. Just use the goto function. You'll get a menu with something like: Goto page .... of 1250. You will have a broad idea were you are from the indicator. So if you are about halfway and you want to skip a part of your book simply jump to 800. If it is to far jump to 700. Not far enough? Jump to 750. To far? Jump to 725. The next jump will bring you within a dozen pages of the correct place. On the avarage you'll have to go forwards or backwards 6 times.

Quote:
Why doesn't it just open the current book?
Some people, like me, read more than one book. From the library you can select the correct one. It will always bring me to the last reading position. I never lost a last read or a bookmark before.

Last edited by Ortep; 05-03-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote